To Brew or Not to Brew by Joyce Tremel
Mystery Book Club
To Brew or Not to Brew Book Club Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- At the beginning of the book, there are mentions of small sabotage, does it make sense that Max does not take them seriously?
- Do you like Max?
- What do you think of the descriptions of the brew pub?
- Would you want to go there?
- What do you think of the descriptions of Pittsburgh, especially Lawrenceville?
- Max looked for Kurt and did not find him and then waited and stewed, is this a good way for her to find the body?
- Is crying a natural response to Kurt’s death?
- Are you surprised that more characters in mystery novels do not cry?
- What do you think of Jake?
- Max has a run in with Dominic at the cupcake shop, is he delusional to think a brew pub is going to hurt the business of a shot and beer bar?
- How does the fact that the police think Kurt’s death was an accident free up this cozy?
- Do you notice the names: Candy is the cupcake bakery owner, Daisy is the florist, do these make it easier to remember who is who?
- What do you think of the book club in the book, does it feel like that is now one of the prerequisites for a cozy?
- Do you think the members of the book club would try to help?
- Max finds a cat, is that the other prerequisite for a cozy?
- Do you like the cat?
- Do you think the information about brewing is interesting?
- Does it make you want to go to a brew pub to eat?
- Would you have gone to confront Dominic in his dingy little bar?
- What did you think of the confrontation?
- Did you expect the best suspect to get murdered in Max’s brew pub?
- Is the dumpster fire a good escalation of tension incident?
- What did you think of the Save Our Lawrenceville meeting?
- Should the rubber rat in the bag maybe have come before the fire, isn’t fire scarier than a fake rat?
- What do you think of Fran, the lady that wants to turn Max’s brew pub into a museum?
- Do you think the idea of tunnels under the brewery is cool?
- What did you think about the scene leading up to Jake and Max’s first kiss?
- Should Max look for the tunnel entrance on her own?
- Do cell phones help this book?
- Were you surprised at the killer or the motive?
- Do you like the idea of turning the tunnels into a brewery museum?
- Would you go?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring