A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
Mystery Book Club
A Curious Beginning Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Is Veronica’s guardian’s funeral a good place to meet her?
- What do you think of her reply to the vicar’s wife’s attempt to marry her off to a widowed father of six?
- Do you like Veronica?
- Even if he saved you, would you go off with Baron Maximilian von Stauffenbach?
- What do you think of Stoker?
- Did you expect the death of the baron?
- What do you think of the little foreshadowing bits?
- What do you think of the traveling show that Stoker decides to hide within?
- What do you think of Salome nee Sally?
- How would you feel about being the target for a knife throwing show?
- Does this book seem to a have a large number of hidden aristocrats?
- Were you surprised that Victoria had malaria?
- Does this book feel like it is full of mysteries?
- Does the Belvedere sound amazing?
- Were you surprised that Edmund de Clare was Victoria’s uncle?
- When Victoria describes the butterflies do you want to look them up to see them?
- Which is the real mystery, Victoria’s birth or the baron’s murder?
- Were you surprised that Victoria’s father was Prince Albert?
- What do you think of the twist that Victoria as a legitimate Catholic heir of Irish descent could topple England?
- Should Veronica and Stoker have brought everyone together?
- Do you like Stoker risking his life for his dog?
- Should Veronica have taken the money?
- Is turning Belvedere into a proper museum with Veronica and Stoker the staff a good idea?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring