Forbidden by Beverly Jenkins
Romance Book Club
Forbidden Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the third person narration?
- What do you think of the book’s beginning with Rhine revisiting his past?
- Do you like Eddy?
- How does her response to adversity reflect her character?
- Did you expect someone to take advantage of her on the trip?
- What would you do if you were abandoned in the desert?
- What do you think of Rhine’s rescue of Eddy?
- Rhine is a saloon owner, does he seem like the stereotypical saloon owner?
- Which of the secondary characters is your favorite?
- What do you think of Rhine’s fiancée, Natalie?
- Rhine and Andrews are half-brothers, how does this shape their relationship?
- Does the book evoke the feel of early Virginia City?
- Were you surprised when Natalie’s mother corrected her for bigoted behavior?
- Does Rhine try to approach Eddy too quickly after the end of his engagement?
- Were you surprised at Nash’s reappearance and Eddy’s reaction to him?
- What did you think of Eddy and Rhine’s first kiss?
- Why do you think that Rhine told Eddy at dinner about his real past?
- Were you surprised about Doc and Sylvie’s bet?
- Were you surprised at the reactions of most of the people at Rhine’s ball?
- What do you think of the sheriff’s response to Rhine telling the truth?
- Did you expect Natalie to kidnap and shoot Eddy?
- What do you think of Eddy’s nieces’ arrival?
- Did you expect Sable to come to the wedding?
- Did you like the book?
- Do you want to read more books by Beverly Jenkins?
Created by Michelle Haring