Temptations of a Proper Governess by Cathy Maxwell
Romance Book Club
Temptations of a Proper Governess Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the 3rd person narration?
- What do you think of the first scene on the ship as Michael discusses his return to England?
- Do you like Michael?
- Isabel’s story begins with her hunting for her charge, what does this say about her character?
- Do you like Isabel?
- Did you expect the 17 year old to be waiting for Michael in his bed, uninvited and unclothed?
- What do you think of Isabel’s and Michael’s first meeting in his room?
- Why do you think Isabel risked everything with him?
- Do you respect Isabel for her demand for marriage?
- Why do you think she refuses when Michael asks her to marry him?
- Is this a marriage of convenience?
- How does Michael’s shooting affect the story?
- Why are the Oxley’s good supporting characters?
- Was the story of Rigg’s attack surprising?
- What do you think of the town giving Isabel flowers?
- What do you think of Haddon?
- Did Michael betray Isabel by not telling her about his connection to her father?
- Do you trust Wallis, Michael’s sister in law?
- Were you surprised about the attack in the hack?
- Michael and Isabel declare their love for each other 50 pages before the end of the book, what does this make you think?
- What do you think of the mystery of Aletta?
- Were you surprised that Carter was the murderer?
- What do you think of Isabel sleeping through the drama?
- Did you like the book?
- Do you want to read more in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring