The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
Romance Book Club
The Raven Prince Discussion Questions
- What do you think of the third person narration?
- Does the fairytale excerpt at the beginning of each chapter add to the story?
- Anna is a thirty year old widow of a solicitor and daughter of a vicar, do you like a heroine who is an adult better than an 18 year old society miss?
- The book is also set primarily in the country rather than London, do you like the setting?
- Do you like Anna?
- What do you think of the Earl?
- When the Earl sees the library he sees it as dreary and dark but when Anna sees the library she sees over a thousand books, how does this reflect their character?
- How weird is it that an Earl has a gigantic mongrel dog that he didn’t bother to name?
- The Earl gets engaged before meeting his new secretary, Anna, how does this change the dynamics of the romance?
- Why do you think Anna helped the ill prostitute?
- Does Edward behave like a typical Earl when he helps his farmers get the stuck sheep?
- What did you think of wagering on the dog coming to the name Jock for a kiss?
- Do you like Coral?
- Anna plans to seduce Edward in secret at a brothel, what do you think of her plan?
- What did you think of their kiss in the stable?
- Was Anna’s deception terrible?
- Is Edward’s idea that he needs to marry Anna because they had sex in a brothel at all motivated by honor?
- Is Felicity’s quest for the letter an interesting plot point?
- Was running away in the face of blackmail a reasonable response?
- Was the duel necessary?
- Were you surprised that Edward and Anna had a baby?
- Did you like the book?
- Would you read the rest in the series?
Created by Michelle Haring