Goddess for Hire by Sonia Singh
Book Club Questions
About 15 years ago, we started our first book club at Cupboard Maker Books. From the beginning, we wanted to read non-traditional book club choices. We have always written book club questions to provide structure for the discussion.
Please feel free to use these questions.
Warning: These questions contain SPOILERS for this book.
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- What do you think of Maya based on her introduction?
- Is it unreasonable that her parents expect her to listen to them since she lives in their house and spends their money?
- How would you respond if two men kidnapped you only to insist that you were the goddess Kali?
- Would you want to be able to see auras and sense evil?
- What do you think of Maya’s first attempt to be a hero in the convenience store?
- Maya’s first successful action hero is at a country club versus a machine gun wielding socialite, what do you think?
- Do you like Maya’s family?
- Why don’t you think Maya has friends?
- Does hunting malevolence seem like a good job?
- What do you think of Maya’s parents threatening to kick her out if she doesn’t demonstrate forward movement?
- Did you expect Maya to end up at Tahir’s after a night of drinking?
- Were you surprised that Sanjay was the evil chasing Maya?
- Did you expect Tahir’s response to finding out that Maya was Kali?
- What do you think of Maya becoming an object of worship?
- Should Tahir have asked Maya to marry him?
- What do you think of the battle between Sanjay and Maya?
- What genre do you think this is?
- Did you like the ending?
- Did you like the book?
Need to pick-up a copy of the book? Head over to Bookshop.org
The Cupboard Maker Books
157 N. Enola Rd
Enola, PA 17025