The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Book Club Questions
About 15 years ago, we started our first book club at Cupboard Maker Books. From the beginning, we wanted to read non-traditional book club choices. We have always written book club questions to provide structure for the discussion.
Please feel free to use these questions.
Warning: These questions contain SPOILERS for this book.
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Are love and hate close to each other?
- Do you like Lucy?
- Does Lucy feel 28?
- Which philosophy about books is correct, units or magic?
- What do you think of Joshua and Lucy involving HR in their feud?
- What do you think of the competition for the new job as a catalyst for change in the book?
- Do you like Lucy’s parents?
- Were you surprised by Lucy’s dream about Joshua?
- Was asking Danny out a good idea?
- Is their first kiss in the elevator a good scene?
- Do you like Joshua?
- What do you think of the red roses that Lucy receives?
- Is paintball a good team building exercise?
- Is Lucy’s illness a turning point?
- Is the key to find someone who can stand up to you and give it back to you?
- Would you suspect that the nice was a way for Josh to mess with you for the job?
- What do you think of the ebook subplot?
- Is Joshua shy?
- Were you surprised by the Mindy reveal?
- What did you think of Lucy defending Josh to his dad?
- Was the reveal of their feelings romantic?
- Were you surprised that he quit?
- Did you like the book?
Need to pick-up a copy of the book? Head over to Bookshop.org
The Cupboard Maker Books
157 N. Enola Rd
Enola, PA 17025