Forever by Judy Blume
Book Club Questions
About 15 years ago, we started our first book club at Cupboard Maker Books. From the beginning, we wanted to read non-traditional book club choices. We have always written book club questions to provide structure for the discussion.
Please feel free to use these questions.
Warning: These questions contain SPOILERS for this book.
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Does the book feel dated?
- What do you think of Erica just going off with Michael the next day after meeting him?
- Do the characters feel like teenagers?
- Do you like Katherine?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Do you like Michael?
- What did you think of the ski trip?
- Did you expect the naming situation?
- About halfway through the book, Michael and Katherine declare they love each other Forever, what do you think?
- What do you think of the discussion of sexually transmitted diseases and that Michael had one?
- Do the intimate scenes seem like the ones in romance novels?
- What do you think of Katherine’s grandmother sending her pamphlets?
- Why do you think Katherine decided to go to Planned Parenthood?
- Is sending Katherine to camp for seven weeks a terrible idea?
- What do you think of Artie’s suicide attempt?
- Does it strike anyone else as weird that Katherine’s mom is only turning 40 in the book?
- What do you think of the letters to move the summer story along?
- Is being in love with one person and attracted to another such a terrible thing?
- What did you think of the breakup scene?
- Why do you think the book ended with Theo called?
- Did you like the book?
- Why do you think the book was so important to so many people?
- Would you read more by the author?
Need to pick-up a copy of the book? Head over to Bookshop.org
The Cupboard Maker Books
157 N. Enola Rd
Enola, PA 17025