An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
Book Club Questions
About 15 years ago, we started our first book club at Cupboard Maker Books. From the beginning, we wanted to read non-traditional book club choices. We have always written book club questions to provide structure for the discussion.
Please feel free to use these questions.
Warning: These questions contain SPOILERS for this book.
- What do you think of the 1st person narration?
- Do you like April?
- What do you like or dislike about her?
- How would you have responded to the “sculpture” at 3 AM?
- What do you think of the attention that April receives for being the one to break the story?
- Would you want that type of attention?
- What do you think of the use of Social Media and texts in the book?
- How does the foreshadowing affect the book?
- Why do you think April trusts Miranda so quickly?
- Was making Carl and April’s relationship with it into a brand a brilliant idea?
- Why do you think April identified as lesbian rather than bisexual?
- Do you hate April for breaking up with Maya?
- What do you think of the Tiers of Fame on page 121?
- Should April have called the President of the United States?
- Do you think the Dream is dangerous?
- Why do you think April became Carl’s defender?
- Does the Dream sound interesting?
- What do you think of the Defenders are villains?
- Why do you think Peter attacked April for her sexuality?
- Did Carl’s hand surprise you?
- What do you think of April’s stabbing?
- Was April correct to feel betrayed by Robin?
- Did you like the book?
Need to pick-up a copy of the book? Head over to Bookshop.org
The Cupboard Maker Books
157 N. Enola Rd
Enola, PA 17025