The Very Very Bad Misadventures of
Annika The Reluctant Bookstore Cat
Short Story Entry Rules
Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Annika must be a character in your story and at least part of the story must be set at Cupboard Maker Books
- Up to 2 entries per contestant
- Entries should be 1000 - 3000 words in length
- Entries should be titled by the author
- All entries should be typed, double spaced, 11 point Calibri
- Word Documents for electronic submissions
- Other document types are acceptable if they are compatible with Word
- Entries can either be submitted in person or through email
- In person: please bring typed, printed, and stapled pages (If you win, we need a copy in Word or another document type compatible with Word.)
- All entries should include the contestant’s name, mailing address, phone number, and email address on the title page.
- April 30, 2019, at 11:59 is the absolute deadline.
- Winners will be announced May 15, 2019, and winners will be contacted separately.
- The contest will be judged by an independent panel. The judges will not know who wrote each story.
- This is a contest and all winners are determined by the panel.
- Not all entries will win.
- The prize for each winner is one copy of “The Very Very Bad Misadventures of Annika The Reluctant Bookstore Cat” and one Book-a-Week certificate (good for one year). The Book-a-Week must be redeemed on a week to week basis, you CANNOT redeem all 52 at once.
- Contestants can only win one certificate, i.e. even if you submit two brilliant stories and both are chosen for the collection, you will only receive one Book-a-Week certificate
- You do not need to live in the Harrisburg area but the prize cannot be shipped. The one free book a week for a year is a weekly prize and contestants must get their book at Cupboard Maker Books each week.
Rights Disclaimer: Winners release all rights to their stories to the Cupboard Maker Books. No royalties will be paid on the stories.